PI News and Advice
First-Time Grantseekers: Where to Start

Reader question: I was recently appointed to Research Assistant Professor of Gastroenterology at my university. I do not have previous research funding. Which type of grant should I apply for? 

Expert Comments: Because your research involves healthcare, you should probably focus on NIH grants. In particular, look to the smaller grants, which will be the R03 or the...