In many instances, your budget is the first thing reviewers jump to before digging into your full application. They are looking for a comprehensive, bulletproof picture of your research through your budget. Unbelievably, what they typically find are inconsistencies that leave them scratching their heads – and your funding in question.
The problem is that most researchers complete their budget at the end of their application process, and it shows.
To get your funding approved, your budget must be an integrated part of your proposal, and a supporting component of your storytelling efforts. It sounds easy enough, but exactly how do you make this happen?
That’s where grant writing expert, Diane H. Leonard, GPC, can help. During her online training she’ll walk you through each step of creating a budget. You’ll receive numerous budget form examples, and learn how they can help you more successfully tell your project’s story (including both single and multi-year grants for federal, state, and foundation funding). By implementing the proven strategies you’ll receive during this training, you’ll be able to create a winning budget and boost your chances of funding.
Here are just a few of the practical, front-line budget-writing tactics you’ll receive by taking advantage of this 60-minute training:
- Improve your grant narrative consistency, including work plans and logic models
- Use your budget and budget justification to show sustainability for your research
- Cut through budget form and requirement confusion over various grant makers
- More clearly explain the components of your fringe benefit rates
- Pin down vague budget justifications/narratives to give reviewers what they want
- Determine when and when not to include calculations to make your budget more understandable
- Effectively present other committed and pending funding, and still get approved
- Weed out documents that work against your budget narrative’s cohesive story
- Write a compelling budget justification that gets reviewers rooting for you
- Present a grant budget that sells your project’s story and makes you fundable
- More accurately estimate your travel expenses, supplies and program materials
- And so much more…
Who Should Attend? Whether you are a new and experienced grant seeker, you’ll benefit from this training. if you worry that your budgets and budget justifications are not performing, or you feel you need to improve your skills in this area, this expert-led training is for you.
IMPORTANT: If you think reviewers can’t use your budget in determining their final approval, think again. There are absolutely grants where your budget is fair game and included in their final approval process. Also, even when reviewers aren’t supposed to use your grant to issue funding, in reality they do.
Thinking like a grant maker when analyzing your budgets and budget justifications is critical. If you don’t paint a clear picture of how you’re going to spend the grant maker’s dollars, you won't get funded. Find out how to use your budget to boost funder confidence in your research and approve your funding by signing up for this must-attend training today.
Meet Your Expert: Diane H. Leonard, GPC
Diane Leonard is Grant Professional Certified (GPC) and an Approved Trainer for the Grant Professionals Association. Diane has personally secured more than $48.6 million dollars in competitive grant funds for her clients since founding her consulting firm, DH Leonard Consulting & Grant Writing Services in 2006. Diane began her work in philanthropy by serving as a grantmaker, and continues to draw on that experience by serving as a reviewer for a variety of grantmakers each year. When she’s not working on grant applications for the federal government, state and local governments, or private foundations, Diane can be found in the 1000 Islands, out for a run, or drinking a strong cup of coffee.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or a Full Refund.
You take no risk whatsoever. If you find this essential session doesn't meet your expectations or you are not satisfied for any reason, simply let us know.
How do PI Leader Online Training Sessions Work?
PI Leader sessions provide you with best-in-class expert education and advice to address all of your non-science needs such as grants and funding, lab management, intellectual property, lab animal welfare and many other topics. Our online trainings are a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your chances for more funding and lab/research productivity. You can participate in the comfort of your office without incurring travel costs and time.
You have 4 training options depending on your needs that you would select by a drop-down menu after clicking the order now button below:
- LIVE: You’ll attend the training when it’s actually happening (live), and will have the ability to get your specific questions answered by the expert presenter.
- ON-DEMAND: This format allows you to access a live recording of the training session. You get the exact same training, Q&A and handouts as the live session, but can listen to it at your convenience.
- CD: The exact same training and handouts are saved on a CD and mailed to you. It takes a little longer, but gives you a little more flexibility.
- TRANSCRIPT: The expert speaker's words are transcribed into a document and sent to you by email. It takes up to 10 days, but allows you to read the content.
With every option, your registration includes learning aids such as presentation handouts and other helpful materials.
PI Leader also offers site licenses and additional connections for your group or institution at discounted prices. And you can purchase recordings of the live sessions as MP4 files, CD-ROMs and/or PDF transcripts.