Over-reliance on federal funding is risky. One federal grant can fund your entire research, however, lose your grant and all of your research money is gone. This makes the need for diversifying your funding sources with foundation and private grants essential to your success.
Consider this: In 2016 the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation gave $4.6 billion towards research support, the Howard Hughes Medical Institute gave $663 million, while the Simons Foundation gave $231.7 million, and these are just a few.
Though it is not expected that private granting sources will surpass federal sources anytime soon, considering the drawbacks in federal funding, foundation funding is an attractive alternative you should not ignore. But what is the best method for initiating a foundation funding request?
It all starts with a phone call. Making phone contact with the appropriate foundation program officer is important, however, the PI's ability to clearly and succinctly state the problem the research addresses, the work that will be done, and the result of the completed research during this call are key. That's where funding relationship expert, John Greenhoe, MA, CFRE, can help.
In this 60-minute online training, John will illustrate best practices you can use to initiate a more successful foundation funding request through an assertive phone conversation.By viewing this 60-minute online training, you’ll gain access to the following strategies:
- How to prepare for your phone call to improve results
- Learn how to speak comfortably during your call, even if you’re nervous
- Clearly and succinctly convey your research mission
- Determine the best person to call for the best outcome
- Engage Program Officers by developing key talking points before you pick up the phone
- Quickly and effectively gain the confidence of the Program Officer
- Make a successful follow-up phone call that seals the deal
- And much more...
Who should View: This online training will be effective for PIs who are interested in strengthening relationships with foundation funders. While
Foundation funding can make all the difference in the future of your research. With the right communication tools, you can have a piece of this billion-dollar pie.
Instant Savings! Register for this, must-view training session today for only $167 (regular list price $197). Save $30 instantly.
Meet Your Expert: John Greenhoe, CFRE
Mr. John Greenhoe, CFRE has more than 25 years of experience in building relationships with funding entities. He currently serves as Senior Director of Major Gifts at Western Michigan University and previously spent a number of years as Director of Foundation Relationships at WMU.
In the latter role, he successfully secured commitments ranging between $5,000 and more the $2 million from a variety of small and large private foundations. He has taught fundraising relationship building workshops all over the world, with locations including Europe, Africa, New Zealand and South America. John is the author of "Opening the Door to Major Gifts: Mastering the Discovery Call," a former Amazon.com bestseller.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or a Full Refund.
You take no risk whatsoever. If you find this essential session doesn't meet your expectations or you are not satisfied for any reason, simply let us know.
How do PI Leader Online Training Sessions Work?
PI Leader sessions provide you with best-in-class expert education and advice to address all of your non-science needs such as grants and funding, lab management, intellectual property, lab animal welfare and many other topics. Our online training (Live or On-Demand) are a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your chances for more funding and lab/research productivity. You can participate in the comfort of your office without incurring travel costs and time.
You have 3 training options depending on your needs that you would select by a drop-down menu after clicking the order now button below:
- ON-DEMAND: This format allows you to access a live recording of the training session. You get the exact same training, Q&A and handouts as the live session, but can listen to it at your convenience.
- CD: The exact same training and handouts are saved on a CD and mailed to you. It takes a little longer, but gives you a little more flexibility.
- TRANSCRIPT: The expert speaker's words are transcribed into a document and sent to you by email. It takes up to 10 days, but allows you to read the content.
With every option, your registration includes learning aids such as presentation handouts and other helpful materials.
PI Leader also offers site licenses and additional connections for your group or institution at discounted prices.