The integrity of the data you produce is essential to the success of your research. The more data you must manage the harder it can be. One wrong move can affect the reliability of your findings, and possibly impede your ability to get or maintain your funding.
You just need to know the correct tools and techniques to use, and that’s where Excel expert, Dennis Taylor, can help. In just 60 minutes he’ll walk you through EXACTLY how to better manage your large scientific data files so you can increase your productivity and decrease your headaches.
You’re missing out if you’re not using Excel to manage your large research data files. Sure, working with large amounts of data in Excel can make you feel like you want to pull your hair out… but it doesn’t have to.
Don’t risk the negative effects that a poorly managed data file can lead to. Take advantage of this step-by-step 60-minute online training and get the tools you need to design, organize, format, validate and analyze your large data files more effectively for more accurate outcomes. Don’t wait, register today.
Here are just a few of the step-by-step Excel tactics you’ll learn by utilizing this 60-minute online training:
- Add easy-to-use drop-down lists to improve data entry accuracy and consistency
- Incorporate validation controls to ensure clean data
- Learn the fastest, most efficient ways to sort data (by content, color, random or data order)
- Use filtering options to display just the data you need at any given time
- Use slicers to gain easier data-handling, enhanced visual features, and better filtering
- Rapidly correct erratic date and time entries with simple database design changes
- Easily eliminate duplicate records from large data files
- Insert a subtotal row without tediously creating new rows and formulas
- Restructure improperly grouped columnar data with Text to Columns and Flash Fill features
- Analyze your data with the COUNTIF/SUMIF family of functions
- Convert lists into tables for easier data manipulation
- And so much more…
Who should attend this training? Nearly all Excel users who manage large research data files will benefit from this online training session (research scientists, students, postdocs, lab managers, lab staff, anyone collecting data for a research project, etc.).
SAVE $300 Now on an Institutional Site License!
$947 $647, every single person in your institution or facility will have the same access to this training perpetually, saving you hundreds of dollars compared to purchasing individual access. $300 savings end in the next 2 days. ORDER TODAY!
Meet Your Expert: Dennis Taylor
Dennis Taylor is a master at Excel and a skilled educator. He can take the most complicated aspects of Excel and make them easy to understand. He has taught over 5,000 excel seminars and classes, and is the author of Teach Yourself Microsoft Excel 2000 and a co-author of four other books on spreadsheet software. Dennis has developed customized Excel courses for specific clients, and has recorded over 180 hours of Excel training courses for Lynda.com. Since 2006 he has presented over 600 public webinars on a variety of Excel topics, and has led numerous training sessions with Apple, IBM, Lexmark, Texaco, Raytheon, Northrop-Grumman, and various federal and state agencies.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or a Full Refund.
You take no risk whatsoever. If you find this essential session doesn't meet your expectations or you are not satisfied for any reason, simply let us know.
How do PI Leader Online Training Sessions Work?
PI Leader sessions provide you with best-in-class expert education and advice to address all of your non-science needs such as grants and funding, lab management, intellectual property, lab animal welfare and many other topics. Our online trainings are a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your chances for more funding and lab/research productivity. You can participate in the comfort of your office without incurring travel costs and time.
You have 4 training options depending on your needs that you would select by a drop-down menu after clicking the order now button below:
- LIVE: You’ll attend the training when it’s actually happening (live), and will have the ability to get your specific questions answered by the expert presenter.
- ON-DEMAND: This format allows you to access a live recording of the training session. You get the exact same training, Q&A and handouts as the live session, but can listen to it at your convenience.
- CD: The exact same training and handouts are saved on a CD and mailed to you. It takes a little longer, but gives you a little more flexibility.
- TRANSCRIPT: The expert speaker's words are transcribed into a document and sent to you by email. It takes up to 10 days, but allows you to read the content.
With every option, your registration includes learning aids such as presentation handouts and other helpful materials.
PI Leader also offers site licenses and additional connections for your group or institution at discounted prices. And you can purchase recordings of the live sessions as MP4 files, CD-ROMs and/or PDF transcripts.