Research data management can get out of hand quickly. As data volumes increase, so do your chances of making mistakes. One wrong key stroke and you could end up providing inaccurate information, or worse, deleting extremely valuable data. Luckily, there is a tool that can eliminate all the guesswork, allow you to manage high volumes of data at once, and give you reliable results EVERY time...
That's where excel expert, Dennis Taylor can help. Dennis is a master at Excel and a skilled educator. He can take the most complicated aspects of Excel and make them easy to understand, and now he wants to share his knowledge with you.
Through the 3-part Excel Training for Scientists online training series below, you will learn exactly how to use Excel to analyze research data faster, create accurate summary reports that rely on high volumes of data, and streamline all data management functions through Excel's analytical tools to give you fast and accurate results.
Order this 3-part Excel Training for Scientists toolkit within the next 2 days, and you'll save an additional $50 off the total cost. Or, if you prefer, you can order each session individually without the discount. ORDER NOW!
PART 1: Excel Charts & Graphs: Improve Research Data Understandability
Available on July 23rd @ 1pm ET
Presenting your scientific research accurately and understandably via charts and graphs is fundamental to you being able to impart your research’s core message and results successfully. Get it right, and it can be full speed ahead. Get it wrong, and your research could be stopped in its tracks.
If you use Excel® to generate your charts and graphs from your scientific data, there could be a problem. Excel was actually created to finesse financial information, not scientific data. However, if you know how, you can manipulate the program to create scientific-acceptable charts and graphs that achieve your research goals.
Excel expert trainer, Dennis Taylor can show you how to more easily and accurately convey your research message using Excel charts and graphs. On Monday, July 23rd, 1 pm ET, Dennis’ interactive, 60-minute training will help you more easily utilize visual and graphical Excel features to improve understandability and add potency to your research data charts and graphs.
Here are just a few of the step-by-step Excel Charting and Graphing skills you’ll walk away with after attending this upcoming online training session:
- Override Excel standard colors for those that better display on screen and paper
- Improve understandability by adding legend labeling on all individual data series plotted
- Create combination charts that use lines and column together to get your point across better
- Select the chart type that best communicates your message (e., column, bar, line, pie, etc.)
- Include annotated charts by adding lines, arrows, boxes, special comments and titles
- Easily and accurately Move, Copy, Resize, or Delete charts to complete your document fast
- Reformat legends, gridlines, axes, and backgrounds to generate your perfect chart
- Add labels, error bars, and trendlines to help readers better understand your data
- Set up dynamic charts (those that grow daily, weekly, or monthly) with Excel’s new Table feature
- Adjust themes to apply multiple formatting features more quickly
- Use Conditional Formatting to add color data bars and icons based on values
- Construct non-contiguous data charts from data on different worksheets
- And much more…
PART 2: Excel PivotTables: Better Manage Your Research Data
Order the downloadable version and listen to it at your convenience.
If you need to analyze your research data and do it fast, there’s no better Excel© feature than a PivotTable.
Using PivotTables allows you to quickly create compact summary reports (based on tons of research data) without needing to write complex formulas, rely on lengthy command sequences, or depend on your IT department. It’s perhaps Excel’s best analytical tool. In addition to its speed, you get amazing flexibility that lets you quickly change the data interrelationships you’re viewing, and drill down to identify exactly what you’re looking for.
You can learn how to utilize PivotTables during Dennis Taylor’s 60-minute online training session. You’ll be amazed to see how, in very little time, you can create a complete summary report based on massive amounts of data - it's easier and faster than you thought possible.
By taking advantage of this 60-minute online training, you’ll learn the easiest most accurate ways to create and utilize PivotTables and Pivot Charts, including these capabilities:
- Compare two or more fields in varying layouts to make your data easier to read
- Sort and filter your results to uncover the data you’re looking for
- Perform ad-hoc information groupings to pinpoint hidden results
- Use Slicers instead of Filters to display only what you need
- Drill down into your data to identify the details behind the summary
- Categorize date/time data in multiple levels faster and more easily
- Make your data more readable with a Pivot Chart based on your data
- Hide and reveal detail and summary information with a simple click
- Utilize dynamic source data and the “refresh” concept
- Incorporate data from multiple worksheets into your PivotTable
- Update data changes more quickly and accurately
- And so much more…
PART 3: Excel: Master Powerful Data Management Tools
Order the downloadable version and listen to it at your convenience.
The integrity of the data you produce is essential to the success of your research. The more data you must manage the harder it can be. One wrong move can affect the reliability of your findings, and possibly impede your ability to get or maintain your funding.
You just need to know the correct tools and techniques to use, and that’s where Excel expert, Dennis Taylor, can help. In just 60 minutes he’ll walk you through EXACTLY how to better manage your large scientific data files so you can increase your productivity and decrease your headaches.
You’re missing out if you’re not using Excel to manage your large research data files. Sure, working with large amounts of data in Excel can make you feel like you want to pull your hair out… but it doesn’t have to.
Don’t risk the negative effects that a poorly managed data file can lead to. Take advantage of this step-by-step 60-minute online training and get the tools you need to design, organize, format, validate and analyze your large data files more effectively for more accurate outcomes. Don’t wait, register today.
Who should attend this training? Nearly all Excel users who manage large research data files will benefit from this online training session (research scientists, students, postdocs, lab managers, lab staff, anyone collecting data for a research project, etc.).
Here are just a few of the step-by-step Excel tactics you’ll learn by utilizing this 60-minute online training:
- Add easy-to-use drop-down lists to improve data entry accuracy and consistency
- Incorporate validation controls to ensure clean data
- Learn the fastest, most efficient ways to sort data (by content, color, random or data order)
- Use filtering options to display just the data you need at any given time
- Use slicers to gain easier data-handling, enhanced visual features, and better filtering
- Rapidly correct erratic date and time entries with simple database design changes
- Easily eliminate duplicate records from large data files
- Insert a subtotal row without tediously creating new rows and formulas
- Restructure improperly grouped columnar data with Text to Columns and Flash Fill features
- Analyze your data with the COUNTIF/SUMIF family of functions
- Convert lists into tables for easier data manipulation
- And so much more…
Don't risk making unnecessary data management mistakes that can lead to significant inaccuracies in your research and funding rejections. Take action today and sign up for these expert-led 3-part online training series. Reserve your access today!
Meet Your Expert: Dennis Taylor
Dennis Taylor is a master at Excel and a skilled educator. He can take the most complicated aspects of Excel and make them easy to understand. He has taught over 5,000 excel seminars and classes, and is the author of Teach Yourself Microsoft Excel 2000 and a co-author of four other books on spreadsheet software. Dennis has developed customized Excel courses for specific clients, and has recorded over 180 hours of Excel training courses for Lynda.com. Since 2006 he has presented over 600 public webinars on a variety of Excel topics, and has led numerous training sessions with Apple, IBM, Lexmark, Texaco, Raytheon, Northrop-Grumman, and various federal and state agencies.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or a Full Refund.
You take no risk whatsoever. If you find this essential session doesn't meet your expectations or you are not satisfied for any reason, simply let us know.