Export Control regulations are complex and require diligence to determine applicability to your specific research. It’s essential that you remain within the safe harbor of their exclusions and exceptions, or you risk daunting consequences.
Violations of Export Control laws are very serious for both you and your facility, and are subject to both criminal and administrative penalties. Criminal violators may be sentenced to prison time for up to 20 years. Financial punishments range from $250,000 to $1,000,000 per single violation. So, when multiple violations occur in the same project, penalties can be enormous.
Staying ahead of Export Control regulations and how they apply to your research can be onerous, especially for new researchers. This is where export control expert, Niki Weiss, PMP, ECoP, can help. Niki is the Associate Director of Export Control at Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health. A must-watch 60-minute online Export Control training that is a must-watch for researchers that want to ensure their compliance.
- Identify what is classified as an “export” more effectively
- Easily distinguish between US gov’t branches that enforce Export Control Regulations
- Differentiate between “fundamental” and “restrictive” research
- Comply with international travel best practices
- Pin down “high risk” areas of research to highlight danger zones
- Stay on top of the list “at risk” countries to fend off innocent errors
- Utilize Export Control Decision Tree to determine if you need an Export License (EAR/ITAR/OFAC)
- Identify international shipment requirements for licenses and permits
- Identify Pre-Award Red Flags to avoid Export Control offenses
- And so much more…
Who should attend? This online training session is designed to be a primer on Export Controls. It will be helpful to Principal Investigators, Researchers, Coordinators, Administrators, and Business Managers. Although beginners will benefit most from this training, even experienced professionals will gain valuable compliance tools.
With an increase of terrorism on US soil, our university campuses have seen an amplified focus from gov’t enforcement agents. In many instances, these agents don’t understand the culture and community of academic research, which leads to confusion and false assumptions surrounding Export Control violations.
Being able to identify export control red flags and correct them before they become problematic is essential to you being able to conduct your research. Sign up for this online training and get the practical tools you need to comply with export control regulations more easily and successfully. Don’t wait, register for this training today.
Meet Your Expert: Niki Weiss, PMP, ECoP
Niki is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and is accredited as an Export Compliance Professional (ECoP®) through the Export Compliance Training Institute.Ms. Weiss is the Associate Director of Export Control at Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health in Philadelphia, PA. Jefferson is an institution that currently has over 31,000 employees and 1,000 visiting international students, scholars and researchers. As the Export Control Officer, Ms. Weiss is responsible for their comprehensive Export Compliance Program that will be implemented across 14-campuses.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or a Full Refund.
You take no risk whatsoever. If you find this essential session doesn't meet your expectations or you are not satisfied for any reason, simply let us know.
How do PI Leader Online Training Sessions Work?
PI Leader sessions provide you with best-in-class expert education and advice to address all of your non-science needs such as grants and funding, lab management, intellectual property, lab animal welfare and many other topics. Our online training (Live or On-Demand) are a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your chances for more funding and lab/research productivity. You can participate in the comfort of your office without incurring travel costs and time.
You have 2 training options depending on your needs that you would select by a drop-down menu after clicking the order now button below:
- ON-DEMAND: This format allows you to access a live recording of the training session. You get the exact same training, Q&A and handouts as the live session, but can listen to it at your convenience.
- CD: The exact same training and handouts are saved on a CD and mailed to you. It takes a little longer, but gives you a little more flexibility.
With every option, your registration includes learning aids such as presentation handouts and other helpful materials.
PI Leader also offers site licenses and additional connections for your group or institution at discounted prices.