Choose your content and words wisely. The information you put forward in your NIH Biosketch will significantly alter reviewer perception of your capabilities, and ultimately sway them one way (approval) or another (rejection).
Failing to adequately take into account the weight reviewers place on your Biosketch can lead to your proposal quickly landing at the bottom of the pile, but grant writing expert and consultant, Diane H. Leonard, GPC, can help you make sure this doesn't happen to you.
During her 60-minute online training, Diane will walk you through how to significantly improve your NIH Biosketch. You'll master the skills to present yourself in the most impactful way possible. You'll learn how to select and prioritize your references, identify and arrange your contributions to science, and how to defuse any extenuating factors that may have negatively influenced recent or prior reviewer opinion of your abilities.
- Gain solid insight into more accurately completing your Biosketch forms
- Decide who are the best references to include to improve your funding chances
- Deciding which are the five most important contributions to science to include.
- How to effectively include factors that have caused a previous decrease in productivity
- Better understand how and why reviewers use your Biosketch to consider your proposal
- Stop a simple formatting mistake from causing your application to get rejected
- Prioritize your potential references to elevate reviewer interest in your proposal
- Overcome extenuating productivity influencing factors: illness, family care, military, disability, etc.
- And so much more…
Don’t make the mistake of assuming you can just cut and paste your CV into your Biosketch and have it pass muster. It’s a much more Daedalian process. However, with some assistance you can gain the know-how to write a compelling Biosketch and make reviewers crave more detail from your application.
REMEMBER: Adequately answering the 4 questions below while crafting your Biosketch will either mean you receive the research funding you need or you're going back to the drawing board.
- Does the prior training and experience I've included clearly demonstrate that I can complete my research objectives?
- Have I clearly highlighted the high quality of my academic, clinical (if relevant), and research record in my Biosketch?
- Can reviewers undoubtedly discern from my Biosketch that I have the available time and ability to devote to completing the proposed work?
- Am I effectively highlighting the skills of my key personnel to compensate for any gaps of knowledge?
Your Biosketch is a vital component of your NIH grant application. It creates a building block for reviewers that adds to your proposal’s competitiveness. It provides reviewers with an understanding of your background and expertise, and confidence in their funding decisions. Don’t risk composing your NIH Biosketch without the expert assistance provided in this online training. Register today.
Who Should Attend:
This online training is perfect for PIs who are new to applying for NIH funding, want to improve their skills at preparing an NIH Biosketch, and who haven’t completed an NIH grant application since the new NIH Biosketch format went into effect in 2016.
Meet Your Expert: Diane H. Leonard, GPC
Ms. Leonard is a Grant Professional Certified (GPC) and Approved Trainer for the Grant Professionals Association. She has personally secured more than $48.6 million dollars in competitive grant funds for her clients from federal, state and local government, and private foundations since founding her company, DH Leonard Consulting & Grant Writing Services, in 2006. Diane began her work in philanthropy by serving as a grantmaker, and continues to draw on that experience by serving as a reviewer for grantmakers each year.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or a Full Refund.
You take no risk whatsoever. If you find this essential session doesn't meet your expectations or you are not satisfied for any reason, simply let us know.
How does PI Leader Online Training Sessions Work?
PI Leader sessions provide you with best-in-class expert education and advice to address all of your non-science needs such as grants and funding, lab management, intellectual property, lab animal welfare and many other topics. Our online trainings are a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your chances for more funding and lab/research productivity. You can participate in the comfort of your office without incurring travel costs and time.
You have 4 training options depending on your needs that you would select by a drop-down menu after clicking the order now button below:
- LIVE: You’ll attend the training when it’s actually happening (live), and will have the ability to get your specific questions answered by the expert presenter.
- ON-DEMAND: This format allows you to access a live recording of the training session. You get the exact same training, Q&A and handouts as the live session, but can listen to it at your convenience.
- CD: The exact same training and handouts are saved on a CD and mailed to you. It takes a little longer, but gives you a little more flexibility.
- TRANSCRIPT: The expert speaker's words are transcribed into a document and sent to you by email. It takes up to 10 days, but allows you to read the content.
With every option, your registration includes learning aids such as presentation handouts and other helpful materials.
PI Leader also offers site licenses and additional connections for your group or institution at discounted prices. And you can purchase recordings of the live sessions as MP4 files, CD-ROMs and/or PDF transcripts.