The odds of getting your research grant funded are against you. For example, only about 20% of grant applications submitted for funding at the NIH get approved. And although this percentage doesn't apply to every funding agency, it is representative of how difficult it is to get your research funded.
Considering the gravity of the competition for research money, you must do everything possible to make your application stand out and get noticed. The best way to produce a proposal that is clear, concise, and most of all compelling, is to write using a strong grant narrative.
This is where professional grant writer, Gwen Wright-Thornton, MS, can help. Unlike you, she spends ALL of her time figuring out EXACTLY how to improve the funding success of grant applications. It is her passion. Your passion is research. Why not let her provide you with the necessary tools that will help you maximize the funding potential of your grant application.
On Tuesday, September 25th at 1 pm ET, Ms. Wright-Thornton will walk you through how to write a more successful narrative with step-by-step processes you can put into practice immediately. During this online training, she will help you develop a strong grant narrative that excites reviewers and illustrates your research possibilities in a clear, focused, and cohesive manner.
Here are several of the key topics that will be covered during this upcoming 60-minute online training:
- Get your application noticed with a strong introduction and conclusion
- Essential information to include in your Abstract to improve results
- Know when writing in active vs passive voice will benefit your message
- Avoid scientific jargon that may not be universal or is confusing to readers
- Specify key points of interest to more clearly have your research vision understood
- Write a narrative that is concise and clear for reviewers to easily follow and process
- Craft a compelling story that keeps reviewers engaged
- Complete your project narrative with a powerful conclusion that gets you funded
- And so much more...
You don't want your grant application to only be fundable. You want it to be the top judged/top scored proposal, which means you are the most competitive proposal being reviewed. Every word you include matters.
Sign up for this online training session and learn how to better convey a clear understanding of your proposed work and engage reviewers so your research is more apt to get funded. Don't wait, register for this must-attend online training session today.
Meet Your Expert: Gwen Wright-Thornton, MS
Ms. Wright-Thornton is an experienced grant writing professional with an extensive background in development, corporate fundraising, government and private sector grant writing, and organizational planning. As an experienced Development Leader and Grant Writer she has successfully procured program, capital and operational funds for a variety of both nonprofit and profit-based organizations. This includes securing foundation and government funding, composing compelling grant narratives, and providing guidance during effective grant writing sessions. Ms. Wright-Thornton is currently in the process of achieving her PhD in Psychology.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or a Full Refund.
How do PI Leader Online Training Sessions Work?
PI Leader sessions provide you with best-in-class expert education and advice to address all of your non-science needs such as grants and funding, lab management, intellectual property, lab animal welfare and many other topics. Our online training (Live or On-Demand) are a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your chances for more funding and lab/research productivity. You can participate in the comfort of your office without incurring travel costs and time.
You have 3 training options depending on your needs that you would select by a drop-down menu after clicking the order now button below:
- ON-DEMAND: This format allows you to access a live recording of the training session. You get the exact same training, Q&A and handouts as the live session, but can listen to it at your convenience.
- CD: The exact same training and handouts are saved on a CD and mailed to you. It takes a little longer, but gives you a little more flexibility.
- TRANSCRIPT: The expert speaker's words are transcribed into a document and sent to you by email. It takes up to 10 days, but allows you to read the content.
With every option, your registration includes learning aids such as presentation handouts and other helpful materials.
PI Leader also offers site licenses and additional connections for your group or institution at discounted prices.