Last year, NIH Career Development K awards paid out over $680 MILLION in funding to qualified scientists. This is a very lucrative grant mechanism, with access to both salary and research funding opportunities for a broad range of research positions, fields and experience levels. However, due to the various types of K awards, many qualified candidates are often disqualified because they are unaware or unsure of specific program instructions and neglect guidelines that must be adhered to.
You can improve your understanding of how to successfully apply and receive K award funding, with a little guidance. That’s where Dr. Christopher Dant can help. During his upcoming 90-minute training session on Tuesday, December 11th at 1:00pm ET, Dr. Dant will dig into the specific NIH K career development programs and teach you how to effectively write a competitive K award that can take your career to new heights.
Here are a few of the strategies that will be covered in the upcoming training:
- Identify the right K grant for you and improve your funding approval chances
- Uncover NIH tools to help you effectively write your application
- Understand the difference between a career development award and research project grant so you can properly and effectively craft your application
- Get step-by-step assistance on the key section of your K grant application
- Pin down what NIH K Award reviewers are looking for in your application
- Use proven K Award writing strategies and tips from the NIH and grant recipients
- And so much more...
Who Should Attend:
Postdocs, Junior Faculty, Students, Mentors, plus anyone interested in benefiting from career development funding.
Researchers who receive K awards have longer careers as principal investigators and are more likely to direct large research projects and publish more high-quality articles compared to those that don’t qualify for this funding at the same career stage. If you want to increase your approval percentages, then this online training is for you. Don’t wait, sign up today.
Institutional Site License!
For only $647, every single person in your institution or facility will have the same access to this training perpetually, saving you hundreds of dollars compared to purchasing individual access. ORDER TODAY!
Meet Your Expert: Dr. Christopher Dant
Dr. Christopher Dant is a PhD-trained medical researcher and educator with over 40 years’ experience in government, academic, and biopharmaceutical settings. His PhD training was in immunology and cellular biology and he previously conducted research for several medical institutions in the United States. Dr. Dant was trained in grant writing at the NIH and worked as a senior writer and managed publications at Stanford’s Medical School and established and built the Clinical Publications Division at Genentech in California.
Until recently, Dr. Dant served on the faculty at Dartmouth Medical School and Norris Cotton Cancer Center to deliver lectures on NIH grant writing and manuscript writing. He lectures widely in academic and biopharmaceutical settings on manuscript writing, NIH career and research grants, and basic scientific writing skills for scientists and his business, MEDCOM Consulting, serves academic clients to review and write Research and Training Grants for the NIH.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or a Full Refund.
You take no risk whatsoever. If you find this essential session doesn't meet your expectations or you are not satisfied for any reason, simply let us know.
How do PI Leader Online Training Sessions Work?
PI Leader sessions provide you with best-in-class expert education and advice to address all of your non-science needs such as grants and funding, lab management, intellectual property, lab animal welfare and many other topics. Our online training (Live or On-Demand) are a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your chances for more funding and lab/research productivity. You can participate in the comfort of your office without incurring travel costs and time.
You have 3 training options depending on your needs that you would select by a drop-down menu after clicking the order now button below:
- ON-DEMAND: This format allows you to access a live recording of the training session. You get the exact same training, Q&A and handouts as the live session, but can listen to it at your convenience.
- CD: The exact same training and handouts are saved on a CD and mailed to you. It takes a little longer, but gives you a little more flexibility.
- TRANSCRIPT: The expert speaker's words are transcribed into a document and sent to you by email. It takes up to 10 days, but allows you to read the content.
With every option, your registration includes learning aids such as presentation handouts and other helpful materials.
PI Leader also offers site licenses and additional connections for your group or institution at discounted prices.