You may not realize it, but approximately 90% of your NIH grant application’s success can be attributed to how well you grab the interest of your peer reviewers.
Grant writing is essentially storytelling, and your Specific Aims page and Project Narrative are center stage. They can make or break peer reviewer interest and enthusiasm, and often immediately sink your grant before it is read in detail killing your chances of getting funded right out of the gate.
Despite the overwhelming importance of these sections, knowing how to execute them to attract the attention of your reviewer is not straightforward. The good news is, that with understanding of what peer reviewers expect to see, you can get your grant noticed and edge ahead of the competition. This is where medical researcher and educator, Christopher Dant, PhD, can help.
During his 90-minute online training workshop, you’ll learn how to make your grant application stand out above the fierce NIH competition. Ultimately, the goal of this training is to improve your chances of getting funded. Here are just a few of the proven tactics you’ll be able to utilize after attending this expert-led online session:
- Construct your Specific Aims Page to incorporate exactly what NIH reviewers expects
- Proven lay language to use in your narrative section to show your grant's relevance to human health and attract NIH peer reviewer attention
- Write a more successful Aims page by mastering the concepts of Significance and Impact
- Develop a systematic approach to writing your Specific Aims page that gets you noticed
- Focus on your research’s Significance and potential impact to immediately capture NIH reviewers and show them why your work is worth funding
- Uncover how your Specific Aims page is KEY to your entire NIH application, and make it work for you
- Make your grant rise to the top in terms of the importance and impact of your work
- And so much more…
While effectively communicating your Specific Aims and Narrative can’t rescue fundamentally bad science, bad communication can ruin good science, and your chances of getting funded. The Specific Aims page and the Narrative section of your abstract are unarguably the most attention-grabbing components of your grant, but knowing how to capitalize on them for your benefit is a skill that must be learned.
By taking advantage of this expert-led online training, you’ll walk away from this online training session with proven strategies to significantly improve your ability to better use your Specific Aims Page and Narrative to grab the attention of reviewers. Don’t wait, sign up today and get the tools you need to get your NIH grant approved.
Christopher Dant is a PhD-trained medical researcher and educator with over 40 years’ experience in government, academic, and biopharmaceutical settings. His PhD training was in immunology and cellular biology and he previously conducted research for several medical institutions in the United States.
He worked as a senior writer and managed publications at Stanford’s Medical School and established and built the Clinical Publications Division at Genentech in California. Until recently, Dr. Dant served on the faculty at Dartmouth Medical School and Norris Cotton Cancer Center to deliver lectures on NIH grant writing and manuscript writing. He lectures widely in academic and biopharmaceutical settings on manuscript writing, NIH career and research grants, and basic scientific writing skills for scientists and his business, MEDCOM Consulting, serves academic clients to review and write research and training grants for the NIH.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or a Full Refund.
You take no risk whatsoever. If you find this essential session doesn't meet your expectations or you are not satisfied for any reason, simply let us know.
How do PI Leader Online Training Sessions Work?
PI Leader sessions provide you with best-in-class expert education and advice to address all of your non-science needs such as grants and funding, lab management, intellectual property, lab animal welfare and many other topics. Our online trainings are a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your chances for more funding and lab/research productivity. You can participate in the comfort of your office without incurring travel costs and time.
You have 4 training options depending on your needs that you would select by a drop-down menu after clicking the order now button below:
- LIVE: You’ll attend the training when it’s actually happening (live), and will have the ability to get your specific questions answered by the expert presenter.
- ON-DEMAND: This format allows you to access a live recording of the training session. You get the exact same training, Q&A and handouts as the live session, but can listen to it at your convenience.
- CD: The exact same training and handouts are saved on a CD and mailed to you. It takes a little longer, but gives you a little more flexibility.
- TRANSCRIPT: The expert speaker's words are transcribed into a document and sent to you by email. It takes up to 10 days, but allows you to read the content.
With every option, your registration includes learning aids such as presentation handouts and other helpful materials.
PI Leader also offers site licenses and additional connections for your group or institution at discounted prices. And you can purchase recordings of the live sessions as MP4 files, CD-ROMs and/or PDF transcripts.