University administrators and funders are placing greater emphasis on your ability to mentor students and get them involved in your research.
It’s understandable that you might be discouraged from including students in your research out of concerns related to your workload, quality of work, and viable project availability. Nevertheless, it is your responsibility as an academic faculty researcher to mentor students and groom the next generation of scientists.
There are proven strategies you can utilize to overcome the key challenges and take advantage of the opportunities of integrating students into your research plans. On Wednesday, September 12 at 1 pm ET, seasoned academic researcher, Thaddeus Guldbrandsen, Ph.D., will walk you through this process. He will also show you how to more successfully manage your faculty responsibilities AND engage in student mentorship without putting your career or research results in jeopardy.By attending this live, 60-minute, online training, Dr. Guldbrandsen will dig in to help you more successfully incorporate students into your research plans, maximize their contribution and meet administrator and funder expectations:
- Make your research more attractive to funders by clearly communicating student involvement
- Better manage your faculty workload by effectively integrating research, teaching, and service
- Proven strategies to help students better develop their own professional skills
- Create more meaningful and manageable learning opportunities for your students
- Get additional institutional support for your research and scholarship
- Make mentorship an important part of your scholarly contributions and improve results
- Reduce student-generated errors with easy-to-use management tools
- Provide your students with what they need to grow with less stress and better outcomes for you
- Additional topics will also be included
Who should attend: This webinar will be most useful for faculty who wish to balance the demands of research, teaching, and service in an effort to more successfully advance their career and create meaningful learning opportunities for their students.
Involving students in research brings together many of the reasons you most likely became a scholar in the first place. You wanted to advance the frontiers of knowledge, help the next generation of professionals in your field, inspire others to appreciate the things you love about your field, and make your work matter to people beyond a small group of close colleagues. However, getting this all accomplished without risking the results of your research is a massive undertaking, unless you have the right tools on hand.
Register for this online session today to secure your access to this upcoming training that will assist you to more effectively mentor your students, reduce the risk to your research results and support your ability advance. Don’t wait, sign up today.
Meet Your Expert: Thaddeus Guldbrandsen, Ph.D.
Thaddeus Guldbrandsen, Ph.D. has over two decades of experience as a collaborative researcher, teacher, and research administrator. He is a principal higher education consultant at Pemi River Consulting, LLC, and specializes in helping colleges and universities adapt to changing times. Much of his work has focused on developing university-community partnerships, high-impact learning practices, and applied faculty innovation.
Dr. Guldbrandsen has served as a faculty member and administrator with the University System of New Hampshire for 17 years. He has authored several manuscripts, many of which have involved collaboration with colleagues and students. He was the founding director of two research centers, as well as the Vice Provost for Research and Engagement. He completed the Harvard University Management Development Program in 2014 and Leadership New Hampshire in 2001. He was recognized as Young Professional of the Year for the State New Hampshire in 2012 and one of “Forty Under 40” community leaders who make a difference in New Hampshire.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or a Full Refund.
You take no risk whatsoever. If you find this essential session doesn't meet your expectations or you are not satisfied for any reason, simply let us know.
How do PI Leader Online Training Sessions Work?
PI Leader sessions provide you with best-in-class expert education and advice to address all of your non-science needs such as grants and funding, lab management, intellectual property, lab animal welfare and many other topics. Our online training (Live or On-Demand) are a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your chances for more funding and lab/research productivity. You can participate in the comfort of your office without incurring travel costs and time.
You have 3 training options depending on your needs that you would select by a drop-down menu after clicking the order now button below:
- ON-DEMAND: This format allows you to access a live recording of the training session. You get the exact same training, Q&A and handouts as the live session, but can listen to it at your convenience.
- CD: The exact same training and handouts are saved on a CD and mailed to you. It takes a little longer, but gives you a little more flexibility.
- TRANSCRIPT: The expert speaker's words are transcribed into a document and sent to you by email. It takes up to 10 days, but allows you to read the content.
With every option, your registration includes learning aids such as presentation handouts and other helpful materials.
PI Leader also offers site licenses and additional connections for your group or institution at discounted prices.