Funders and administrators are placing greater emphasis on student involvement. Not only is student participation in your research a requirement for multiple grant mechanisms, but it can also be a valuable opportunity to help launch the careers of young scientists.
Unfortunately, many faculty researchers are discouraged from including students in their research endeavors out of concerns related to faculty workload, quality of work, and project availability. But with the right tools, you can ensure students’ contributions have a positive impact on your research, thus proving to funders that you’re the best fit for their grant dollars.
The upcoming online training session from Thaddeus Guldbrandsen, Ph.D. on Wednesday, September 12th at 1 pm ET, will explore the key challenges and opportunities for integrating students into your research plans, including what funders want to see. He will also show you how to manage faculty responsibilities and advance your research career while engaging in student mentorship.
- Communicating the value of involving students in research to students, colleagues, administrators and funders
- Managing faculty workload by effectively integrating research, teaching, and service
- Making your research more attractive to funders interested in student research
- Creating meaningful and manageable opportunities where students can thrive
- Sustaining reliable, high-quality researchyou and your students can feel proud of
- Incorporating student research into faculty work plans and future directions
- Making mentorship an important part of your scholarly contributions
- Developing the professional skills of your student that he/she will need to succeed
- Getting institutional support for your research
- And many more…
Who should attend: This webinar will greatly benefit researchers who are expected to incorporate students into their research to meet funder requirements, as well as those who have difficulty balancing the demands of faculty responsibilities in an effort to create meaningful, successful relationships with students. This training will also be useful for researchers who want to improve their academic mentorship.
Meet Your Expert: Thaddeus Guldbrandsen, Ph.D.
Thaddeus Guldbrandsen, Ph.D. has over two decades of experience as a collaborative researcher, teacher, and research administrator. He is a principal higher education consultant at Pemi River Consulting, LLC, and specializes in helping colleges and universities adapt to changing times. Much of his work has focused on developing university-community partnerships, high-impact learning practices, and applied faculty innovation.
Dr. Guldbrandsen has served as a faculty member and administrator with the University System of New Hampshire for 17 years. He has authored several manuscripts, many of which have involved collaboration with colleagues and students. He was the founding director of two research centers, as well as the Vice Provost for Research & Engagement. He completed the Harvard University Management Development Program in 2014 and Leadership New Hampshire in 2001. He was recognized as Young Professional of the Year for the State New Hampshire in 2012 and one of “Forty Under 40” community leaders who make a difference in New Hampshire.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed or a Full Refund.
You take no risk whatsoever. If you find this essential session doesn't meet your expectations or you are not satisfied for any reason, simply let us know.
How do PI Leader Online Training Sessions Work?
PI Leader sessions provide you with best-in-class expert education and advice to address all of your non-science needs such as grants and funding, lab management, intellectual property, lab animal welfare and many other topics. Our online training (Live or On-Demand) are a cost-effective and convenient way to boost your chances for more funding and lab/research productivity. You can participate in the comfort of your office without incurring travel costs and time.
You have 3 training options depending on your needs that you would select by a drop-down menu after clicking the order now button below:
- ON-DEMAND: This format allows you to access a live recording of the training session. You get the exact same training, Q&A and handouts as the live session, but can listen to it at your convenience.
- CD: The exact same training and handouts are saved on a CD and mailed to you. It takes a little longer, but gives you a little more flexibility.
- TRANSCRIPT: The expert speaker's words are transcribed into a document and sent to you by email. It takes up to 10 days, but allows you to read the content.
With every option, your registration includes learning aids such as presentation handouts and other helpful materials.
PI Leader also offers site licenses and additional connections for your group or institution at discounted prices.